fingerlakespermaculture - Immediate Release: Compost with Confidence Class 6.26.10

  • From: "Liz Falk" <erf59 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: <FingerLakesPermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Immediate Release: Compost with Confidence Class 6.26.10
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:05:08 -0400

For immediate release – please post far and wide:

Tompkins County Cooperative Extension’s Compost Program is pleased to announce our first FREE public composting class of the season: "Compost With Confidence: Getting Started”.  The class will be held Saturday, June 26 from noon – 1pm.

The Compost Education Program sponsors a "Compost With Confidence" the last Saturday of the month (June - October) from noon - 1 pm.  Classes are held at the Ithaca Community Gardens.

The first class in the series is on Saturday, June 26. We will teach the basics of home composting - focusing on how to get started. This class is perfect for anyone who would like to begin composting or improve upon their existing practices. Classes are open to the public and registration is not required. Call Liz Falk at 272-2292, email erf59 AT cornell.edu or visit http://ccetompkins.org/garden/composting for more information.

Thank you for your support and please reply with any questions,
Liz

WHAT:   Getting Started - the first "Compost with Confidence" workshop in the series

WHEN:   Saturday, June 26, from noon - 1 pm

WHERE: Ithaca Community Gardens (near the Farmers' Market)

COST:    FREE (registration NOT required - just show up)

CONTACT: Liz Falk 272-2292, email erf59 AT cornell.edu

For a more information and class photos, please visit our website:
http://ccetompkins.org/garden/composting

The Compost Education Program at Tompkins County Cooperative Extension is funded by the Tompkins County Solid Waste Management Division.

-------

Liz Falk

Education and Outreach

Compost, Gardens & Markets

Cornell Cooperative Extension

(607) 272-2292 ext. 268

  • Immediate Release: Compost with Confidence Class 6.26.10, Liz Falk, 06/17/2010