corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] 1 Cor 15

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Myron Kauk" <myronkauk AT sigecom.net>
  • To: "'Corpus-Paul'" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] 1 Cor 15
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:29:42 -0600

Matthew:

I recommend becoming familiar with
http://www.denverseminary.edu/dj/index2006. Their list of recommend
commentaries on 1 Cor is

Garland, D. E. 1 Corinthians (BECNT). G.R.: Baker, 2003.

*Thiselton, A. C. The First Epistle to the Corinthians (NIGTC). G.R.:
Eerdmans, 2000.

-----

Collins, R. F. First Corinthians (SP). Collegeville, MN: Liturgical, 1999.

*Fee, G. D. The First Epistle to the Corinthians (NICNT, rev.). G.R.:
Eerdmans, 1987.

Keener, C. S. 1- 2 Corinthians (NCBC). Cambridge: Cambridge University
Press, 2005.

Witherington, B., III. Conflict and Community in Corinth: A Socio-Rhetorical
Commentary on 1 & 2 Corinthians. G.R.: Eerdmans, 1995.

-----

*Blomberg, C. L. 1 Corinthians (NIVAC). G.R.: Zondervan, 1994.

Hays, R. B. First Corinthians (Int). Louisville: John Knox, 1997.

Johnson, Alan F. 1 Corinthians (NTC). Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2004.

This is not a comprehensive list, but if you have checked all of
these and followed their references back to their sources, you should be in
good shape.

Grace be with you,

Myron C. Kauk
myronkauk AT sigecom.net