corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Thorn in the Flesh

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Revd Dr Sean F. Winter" <sean.winter AT northern.org.uk>
  • To: <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Thorn in the Flesh
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:41:37 +0100

Title: Re: Thorn in the Flesh
There is an Oxford DPhil by Paula Gooder, supervised by Chris Rowland which argues that the thorn in the flesh is that Paul only gets to the edge of the 3rd heaven.  John Ashton refers to it in his book on the Religion of Paul the Apostle, and there are also articles in JSJ by Chris Morray-Jones which argue the same point.  I don’t have details to hand I am afraid, but Ashton’s book will give the necessary references.

Sean
--
Revd Dr Sean F. Winter
Tutor in New Testament Studies