corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul's Rhetoric in its Contexts: The Argument of Romans

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Lee Dahn <lee_dahn AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul's Rhetoric in its Contexts: The Argument of Romans
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

Loren,

I am eagerly anticipating Tobin's book.  Does Tobin rely much on the work of Stanley Stowers?  I have been most convinced by Stowers' reading of Romans, a reading advocating the elements you have named as present in Tobin's reading: diatribe, speech-in-character, answers to objections to false conclusions, etc.

Lee Dahn
Deer Park, Tx