corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Sitz im Leben of Hebrews

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Sitz im Leben of Hebrews
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 08:32:12 -0600

?

"Given, Mark Douglas" wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Maybe this is not what you're asking, but after saying that "an origin
> before 70 cannot be inferred either from the silence concerning the
> catastrophe of the year 70 or from the expression in 8:13 that the Old
> Covenant is 'in the course of passing away,'" K?mmel (rev. and enlarged
> ed.) footnotes "Thus, e.g., Bruce, Vanhoye, Situation, 50; Grant, Guthrie,
> Harrington, Harrison, Mariani; Moule."? Full refs. for these are on pp.
> 388-9.

Thanks for this.

But apparently I have been unclear in what I'm looking for.? I'm not asking
about whether anyone after (or before) Nairne dated Hebrews before 70.

I'm asking whether anyone since (and before) Nairne ever argued? or assumed
that the purpose for Hebrews was to warn Christians against, and/or to call
them back from, joining in the Zealot cause.

Yours,

Jeffrey
--

Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)