corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Sitz im Leben of Hebrews

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Given, Mark Douglas" <mdg421f AT smsu.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Sitz im Leben of Hebrews
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 07:35:05 -0600

Hi Jeff,

Maybe this is not what you're asking, but after saying that "an origin before
70 cannot be inferred either from the silence concerning the catastrophe of
the year 70 or from the expression in 8:13 that the Old Covenant is 'in the
course of passing away,'" Kümmel (rev. and enlarged ed.) footnotes "Thus,
e.g., Bruce, Vanhoye, Situation, 50; Grant, Guthrie, Harrington, Harrison,
Mariani; Moule." Full refs. for these are on pp. 388-9.

Mark

Mark D. Given
Associate Professor
Department of Religious Studies