corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Books on Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Vince Endris" <vince_endris AT hotmail.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Books on Paul
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:08:22 -0500

If you were to build a library for the study of Paul,
what would be ten 'must-have' volumes you would
recommend?

I am probably not the person to recommend the best books on Paul, but I will mention that I am reading PAUL AND HIS INTERPRETERS by Schweitzer and am astonished at how well he writes. Because of the age of this material, I am sure that his conclusions will probably be outdated, and will probably want to discuss them once I am done with this and his THE MYSTICISM OF PAUL. However, it does not appear that many books are published that lay out the material like Schweitzer did. He tells you exactly what the problem is, and who tried to solve it. It appears that he gives credit where credit is due and usually speaks highly of those he disagrees with even when criticizing them.

Vince Endris

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar – FREE! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/