corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Active Jewish Pauline scholars

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Don Garlington <dongarlington AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Active Jewish Pauline scholars
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:25:45 -0800 (PST)

Besides Alan Segal, Pamela Eisenbaum would be an
obvious choice. See her "Paul as the New Abraham."
Paul and Politics: Ekklesia, Israel, Imperium,
Interpretation. Essays in Honor of Krister Stendahl.
ed. Richard A. Horsley. Harrisburg: Trinity Press
International, 2000, 130-45. So would Paula
Fredriksen: "Judaism, The Circumcision of Gentiles,
and Apocalyptic Hope: Another Look at Galatians 1 and
2," The Galatians Debate: Contemporary Issues in
Rhetorical and Historical Interpretation. ed. Mark D.
Nanos. Peabody: Hendrickson, 2002, 235-60.

Don
Toronto