corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Re. bibliography question

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim Miller <themiller7 AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Re. bibliography question
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:08:53 -0400

Lynn,

Here are a few items I mistakenly left out of the previous list. Once again,
these are all items published in 1997 or later.

Simon J. Gathercole. WHERE IS THE BOASTING: EARLY JEWISH SOTERIOLOGY AND
PAUL'S RESPONSE IN ROMANS 1­5. Eerdmans, 2002. Up-to-date bibliography on
"new perspective" approach to Paul.

Thomas R. Schreiner. ROMANS. Baker Exegetical Commentary. Baker, 1998.

Odette Mainville. UN PLAIDOYER EN FAVEUR DE L'UNITE: LA LETTRE AUX ROMAINS.
Mediaspaul, 1999. Don't overlook this little book!

Several other monographs contain significant treatments of Romans, though
the focus of the book is wider than this one epistle.

Edward Adams. CONSTRUCTING THE WORLD: A STUDY IN PAUL'S COSMOLOGICAL
LANGUAGE. SNTW. T & T Clark, 2000.

Troels Engberg-Pedersen. PAUL AND THE STOICS. T & T Clark, 2000. See also
the responses to this book at the RBL website (www.bookreviews.org)
reprinted in 2001 REVIEW OF BIBLICAL LITERATURE, SBL, 2001, pp. 10­41; also
J. Louis Martyn, "De-apocalypticizing Paul: An Essay Focused on Paul and the
Stoics by Troels Engberg-Pedersen." JSNT 24.4 (2002) 61­102 with a response
by Engberg-Pedersen, "Response to Martyn." JSNT 24.4 (2002) 103­114.

Bruno Blumenfeld, THE POLITICAL PAUL: JUSTICE, DEMOCRACY AND KINGSHIP IN A
HELLENISTIC FRAMEWORK. JSNTSup. 210 (Sheffield, 2001) 302­414.

Finally, the last time I checked Fortress's website, the translation of
Peter Lampe's DIE STADROMISCHEN CHRISTEN IN DEN ERSTEN DEIDEN JARHBUNDERTEN
was still scheduled for release in September this year. I say "still
scheduled" because this book has been delayed several times.

Fortress also has scheduled Philip Esler's CONFLICT AND IDENTITY IN ROMANS:
THE SOCIAL SETTING OF PAUL'S LETTER for October release.

Can others help me out here? What have I left out?

James C. Miller
Daystar University
Nairobi Kenya