corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul the Author

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jeff Peterson <peterson AT mail.austingrad.edu>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul the Author
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:48:53 -0500

Title: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul the Author
Permit me to rephrase: maintaining that 2 Thess is pseudonymous requires answering Malherbe's defense of its Pauline authorship. Stan Stowers anticipated a significant element of this defense with his remark in A REREADING OF ROMANS that many deny 2 Thess to Paul out of distaste for the eschatology of chap. 2 and the desire to avoid attributing this to Paul.

Jeff