corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Paul, an apostle, not from humans nor through a human?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Paul, an apostle, not from humans nor through a human?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:52:54 -0800

Hi Mark

I just came across an interpretation of this question in Pablo Richard's
book on the Apocalypse

He writes: It is not out of pride that Paul is speaking, nor as a visionary
who is carried away, but as an apocalyptic prophet. In other words, Paul
builds his gospel and legitimizes it directly on the grace of God that has
enabled him to discern, experience, and know the risen Christ within
history. It is this Jesus, not the law, that has revealed to him the
meaning of history and of mission (see also Gal. 1:16 and 2:2; Eph 3:3).

The responses you have received did not I think emphasize the ongoing
presence as this does. It is not so much a one-time origin that gives
authority as the ongoing knowledge of the presence of God.

The capacity for verification is not resolved.

Bob

mailto::BobMacDonald AT shaw.ca
+ + + Victoria, B.C., Canada + + +

Catch the foxes for us,