corpus-paul - Re: 1st Thesolonians 2:14-16

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Billy Evans <biblewje AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 1st Thesolonians 2:14-16
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:19:59 -0600

Title: Re: [corpus-paul] Re: 1st Thesolonians 2:14-16
on 11/18/02 10:08 AM, Edgar M. Krentz at ekrentz AT earthlink.net wrote:

The truth of these passages lends creedence to the view that the early Christians did indeed blame the Jews for Christ's death.  It is insteresting that the Romans are not mentioned.

Thanks,
Mike Burkhimer

Mike, Edgar, et al:

In blaming the Jews or not blaming them, I wonder if the definitions of Jewish leaders matters as proposed by Ellis Rivkin in What killed Jesus? or The Hidden Revolution?  My point, If someone says the Americans are to blame for this or that problem, is the blame addressed at Washington law makers, Wall Street spectulators, every red-blooded American?  So, if the blame for killing Jesus is directed at the Jews, which Jews are we talking about?  The Council, boule, the Sanhedrin, other zealots, or every red-blooded child of Abraham?

Billy Evans