corpus-paul - Re: In search of wisdom

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Billy Evans <biblewje AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: In search of wisdom
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:22:12 -0500

on 10/15/02 4:10 PM, Dan Hynes at danhynes AT africamail.com wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Daniel Hynes. I am currently a junior in high school. I am on a
> search to gain a better knowing of the bible and theology expecialy
> regarding
> missions. If you can help me in any way to gain more understanding it would
> be
> much appricated.
> your brother in christ
> Dan Hynes
Dan:
A good place to begin might be at your local library. See if they have any
Bible dictionaries. The Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible, The
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, The Anchor Bible Dictionary would
all give you good introductory articles and bibliographies following them
which would steer you to deeper study. Good luck

--
William "Billy" J Evans Jr-Nashville
Doctorate Rabbinics, Dead Sea Scrolls, Targums at Hebrew Union College