corpus-paul - Re: e-Catena

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "James Ernest" <jdelists AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: e-Catena
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:51:13 -0400

Peter,

This is useful. If I understand correctly, in principle this index should
duplicate online the NT portion of the one printed in vol. 10 of the ANF
set. Of course that set is a limited selection of the available material,
some of which has been translated in other places and some of which has not
been translated, so we're stuck hunting in diverse places (Biblia
Patristica, indexes to particular editions and translations, the new ACCS
volumes as they appear, etc.). Your online ANF index will make searching one
of the best-known collections easier.

Tom Oden's ACCS team, by the way, has put a tremendous amount of work into
using computers to locate biblical citations and allusions throughout the
patristic corpus. Perhaps this work will eventually yield a comprehensive
index that will dwarf everything currently available.

James

James D. Ernest, Ph.D.
Associate Editorial Director
Hendrickson Publishers