corpus-paul - RE: Silvanus and Timothy in 2 Cor 1:19

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Steve Black <sblack AT axionet.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Silvanus and Timothy in 2 Cor 1:19
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:45:18 -0700

Opps. My sentences got mixed making this a little confusing. I attempt a brief clarification...

My thought was in defense of the theory that these people may have represented the original missionary team.

The following sentence was in reference to to the above theory.
I think that perhaps you might have set it aside without warrant.

The only reason Paul may have mentioned their names is because they were there. I think we sometimes be reading too much intent into what were after all just letters. I don't really have anything invested in this theory, but [snip sentence] My real issue...

--
Steve Black
Vancouver School of Theology

Once in a while you can get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

-Robert Hunter From SCARLET BEGONIAS