corpus-paul - Human authority - church government

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: 'Corpus-paul' <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Human authority - church government
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:04:47 -0700

What did Paul have in mind for governing the ingathering of the nations?

I have just finished Mark Nanos interesting exploration of honour, fear,
custom, and tax being due to servants, ministers, rules, and higher
authorities (Romans 13:1-7) Chapter 6, Mystery of Romans. In our last
discussion of this passage, there was only brief mention of his solution to
the over-generalization of this passage to all human governing authorities.
What does it say about Paul's vision of government of the church and Israel?
Did he already find the Diaspora network of taxation and authority an image
of a governing network that was acceptable before God? Was this to coexist
with empire or national/local government or transform it or replace it?
What authority did Paul have to ordain submission to synagogue authorities?
How would his authority be recognized?

Bob

mailto::BobMacDonald AT shaw.ca
+ + + Victoria, B.C., Canada + + +

Catch the foxes for us,
http://bobmacdonald.gx.ca

  • Human authority - church government, Bob MacDonald, 06/22/2002