corpus-paul - Re: Paul's persecution of the Church

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanosmd AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's persecution of the Church
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 08:55:31 -0500

Dear Hyam,
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, this is far too involved for this format.
But I do hope you might clarify one matter of terminology if not also
substance that is confusing for me when trying to follow your initial detail
of the difference between Paul and James/Peter. What is the difference
between language referring to salvation and to liberation? Saved from what,
or liberated from one, and how is one any different than the other? Can they
be used interchangeably in your statements? If I understand this, perhaps I
can engage your distinction between these parties. (I have retained a small
portion of your post below, where this language arises)

Thanks,
Mark
--
Mark D. Nanos, Ph.D.