corpus-paul - Re: [Synoptic-L] online (animated) maps of the empires of Alexander and his successors

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT attbi.com>
  • To: "Thomas R. W. Longstaff" <tlongst AT colby.edu>
  • Cc: Crosstalk2 <crosstalk2 AT yahoogroups.com>, Synoptic-L <Synoptic-L AT bham.ac.uk>, ioudaios-l <ioudaios-l AT Lehigh.EDU>, biblical-studies <biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com>, "Carl W. Conrad" <cwconrad AT artsci.wustl.edu>, classics <classics AT u.washington.edu>, Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Synoptic-L] online (animated) maps of the empires of Alexander and his successors
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 16:39:40 -0600

"Thomas R. W. Longstaff" wrote:

> If anyone knows of such maps, please reply to the list. Although this query
> is off-topic for Synoptic-L, it is something that will be of interest to
> many of us and, I think, this message itself is quite acceptable for
> Synoptic-L. Nevertheless, I would advise against a discussion of map
> technology on Synoptic-L although information about where maps such as the
> one Jeffrey wants would, in my mind, be acceptable.

A hobbit friend of mine, whose selflessness in doing research for me always
amazes me, has found a page that speaks to some of what I was hoping for. It
may
be found at:

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~atlas/europe/maps.html

You will need the Shockwave plug-in to view the animated maps. Maps requiring
that are so noted.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

  • Re: [Synoptic-L] online (animated) maps of the empires of Alexander and his successors, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 01/02/2002