corpus-paul - Re: the role of the law in salvation-history

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Billy LeJeune" <billyl AT wcs.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: the role of the law in salvation-history
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:10:58 -0500

Dear Mark,

Thank you for engaging me in the discussion; I learned quite a bit.

To everyone else,

Am I reading Wright wrong (pun) about Paul equating non-believing Israel
as being no better than pagans. I mean "Is that what Wright says;" not
"Is Wright right" though I would like to hear about that as well. I gave
the Colossians commentary as a source; I have also heard it on tape. I
also see the same idea in Richard Hays's "Echos of Scripture In Paul." I
think it's in Chapter 2 where from Romans he says Paul equates Israel
with Esau and Pharoah.

Thank you in advance,
Billy LeJeune
Elementary School Teacher