corpus-paul - Re: Paul's Gospel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mesfin Atlaye" <mesfin AT idirect.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's Gospel
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:12:35 -0400

> > > What "Scripture" meant to the NT writers is none
> > > other that the Jewish scriptures.
> >
> > This, I believe is fundamentally incorrect as a
> > careful reading of this particular verse would
> > indicate. "Confident assertion without cognitive
> > assiduity."
> >
> Which Jewish scriptures? As I understand it, the Jewish canon is
post-NT
> period, from very roughly the same period as our canon.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert Brenchley

Which Jewish scriptures? I thought I already mentioned the LXX. The Greek
translation from the Hebrew by 70 Jewish scholars around 200 B.C!

The ta hiera grammata of 2 Tim. 3:15. The "it is written" formula on the
lips of Jesus (Mt. 4 and Lk. 4). The Law and Prophets of Mt. 5:17.
References in John 20:9; Gal. 3:22; 2 Pet. 1:20. The written code in Rom.
2:27, 29; 7:6; 2 Cor. 3:6. ALL these refer to the Jewish Scriptures that we
call OT today. Please don't ask me to do your homework here. I hope this
helps.

> RSBrenchley AT aol.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to corpus-paul as: mesfin AT idirect.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')