corpus-paul - Re: Paul in Ephesus

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Rick S" <rick.strelan AT mailbox.uq.edu.au>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul in Ephesus
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:27:35 +1000

From: <Ntsearcher AT aol.com>

> I think there is good evidence to suggest the plausiblity that Paul
trained 8
> men in Ephesus for the 3 years he was there. Just as Jesus trained the 12.
It
> was stroke of pure genius to do so.
etc.

I have problems with the implication that Paul was a great missionary
strategist etc. I doubt that he was even capable of strokes of 'pure
genius' - at least in the opinion of his contemporaries!

For what it's worth, I might suggest my 'Paul, Jews, and Artemis in Ephesus'
[de Gruyter 1996].

Rick Strelan
Brisbane

  • Paul in Ephesus, Ntsearcher, 06/25/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Paul in Ephesus, Rick S, 06/27/2001