corpus-paul - Re: Summer Reading?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Summer Reading?
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 05:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff Krantz wrote:

> I wondered if group members would mind
> posting a short list of books on
> Paul that they'd recommend for the summer?
>
> I personally have found Neil Elliot's
> "Liberating Paul," and Mark Nanos' "The
> Mystery of Romans" to be
> the most exciting and illuminating texts
> I've come across recently.

Jeff, the books by Elliot and Nanos are indeed
treasures. Be sure to read Donald Akenson's "Saint
Saul", and also the collection of essays edited by
Horsley, "Paul and Politics", if you haven't already.

By the way, Mark Nanos's "Irony of Galatians" will be
coming out sometime in fall of this year, so don't
miss it if you enjoyed "Mystery of Romans".

Loren Rosson III
Nashua NH
rossoiii AT yahoo.com