corpus-paul - Galatians 2 and Jerusalem Council (Acts 15)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jason A. Hare" <language_lover64801 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Galatians 2 and Jerusalem Council (Acts 15)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 06:48:57 -0500

Hello, list-members,

My name is Jason Hare. This is my first post to the list. I hope that I
will be able to contribute in some way and to learn much from you all. I
am looking forward to participating in the discussions of this group.

I know that this topic has probably been picked at enough lately (that of
the place Galatians holds with the Jerusalem Council). It is just that I
have recently written a minor paper about this subject for my
Galatians-Philippians class at Ozark Christian College. (Please, note
that I am a minor league player. I am a third-year Greek student and
participate as much as possible on B-Greek and B-Hebrew.)

If anyone is interested, I could send a copy of my paper in Microsoft Word
2000 format (.doc). What my paper, despite its shortcomings, espouses is
that Galatians was written (1) to the South Galatian region where Paul had
made his first missionary journey (passing through its cities twice on
that trip) and (2) on the way from Syrian Antioch to Jerusalem, heading
toward the Jerusalem Council (a trip that would require about a month,
ample time for the writing [John B. Polhil, _Acts_ {New American
Commentary}, p.324]). Understand that this is a *minor* paper, written
solely to layout the two apparently conflicting records and to harmonize
them.

God bless,
Jason Hare
Ozark Christian College

  • Galatians 2 and Jerusalem Council (Acts 15), Jason A. Hare, 11/12/2000