corpus-paul - Re:corpus-paul digest: August 15, 2000

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: gds AT dor.kaiser.org
  • To: <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:corpus-paul digest: August 15, 2000
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:20:15 -0700

Dear Sakari:

There was a dissertation done in the late 80s/early 90s at the Baptist
Seminary
in Lexington, KY, with a title, An Analysis of Power in the Jerusalem
Church...
which deals with economics and famine conditions therein. I do not know the
person who wrote it. If you are referring to the Famine of 48, you might also
look at an article I published in Paradigms 1989 regarding that famine and
conditions in Jerusalem, entitled, "Famine in the Land and Dishonesty Among
the
Faithful: The Story of Ananias and Sapphira in Sociological Perspective",
Paradigms 5/1 (1989): 32-4p. There is a bibliography there. If you can't get
it, I might be able to scan it and send it to you as a PDF file.

- Gary D. Salyer

  • Re:corpus-paul digest: August 15, 2000, gds, 08/16/2000