corpus-paul - RE: Paul in the Gospels

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Douglas C. Horst" <dchorst AT mediaone.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Paul in the Gospels
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:20:54 -0500

The canon has very different affect on our understanding. The canonical
splitting of the Luke/Acts gives rise to the question. Fully one quarter of
this "history" is devoted to Paul. In a broad stroke, Luke/Acts presents a
program of portraying the movement of God's salvation from the Hebrews to
the whole world. Paul serves as the icon for the movement of that salvation
fully to the gentile world. We all make a mistake when we fail to separate
the two parts of this program and analyze them in isolation from each other.

Regards.

Douglas Horst
Evanston, IL

dchorst AT mediaone.net