corpus-paul - RE: Goulder's Two Mission Hypothesis

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Robert Brenchley" <RSBrenchley AT aol.com>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: RE: Goulder's Two Mission Hypothesis
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:15:51

Jerry Sumney wrote:

>I have recently argued that there are two anti-Pauline movements
>responded to in the undisputed letters ...One of these movements
>disagreed with Paulabout matters relating to understandings of
>leadership/ministry/apostleship. the other was concerned about the place
>of the law in the church.

I'd be very interested to know more of your views about the former. There's
an obvious disagreement going on there (Paul is rather sarcastic, to say
the least, about the Jerusalem setup in Gal. 2:6, and somebody obviously
doesn't think he's a proper apostle), but I feel that it hasn't been
explored as it deserves to be.

I'd always supposed that the hierarchical setup Paul opposed was the same
group that gave him trouble over Torah, but maybe I'm wrong.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley

RSBrenchley AT aol.com