corpus-paul - RE: HILASTERION

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanos AT mail.gvi.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: HILASTERION
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:11:48 -0600

Dear Dan,
I appreciated the argument of your abstract. I wonder if you engaged the argument of Stan Stowers' A Rereading of Romans, pp. 206-13. If so, I wonder if you might recite some of the agreements and disagreements of your investigation of this matter. His reading departs from the standard views on Romans but not 4 Macc., if I remember correctly, and it would be helpful to see how yours interacts with his reading in both cases.
Thanks,
Mark Nanos
Kansas City