corpus-paul - Paul's use of narrative: Sarah-Hagar

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Seland,Torrey" <Torrey.Seland AT hivolda.no>
  • To: <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <music AT riverviewcog.org>
  • Subject: Paul's use of narrative: Sarah-Hagar
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:39:36 +0200

Hello
I shall not offer any advice as to the use of narrative, others may take care
of that, but as to your point 2., bibliographic suggestions I would like to
draw your attention to the following:

C.K. Barrett, "The Allegory of Abraham, Sarah and Isaac in the Argument of
Galatians," J.Friedrich, W. Po hlmann, & P. Stuhlmacher (eds.),
Rechtfertigung. Festschrift E. Ka semann (Tu bingen Mohr, 1976), pp. 1-16.

Bouwman, G., "Die Hagar- und Sara-Perikope (Gal 4,21-31). Exemplarische
Interpretation zum Schriftbeweis bei Paulus," Aufstieg und Niedergang der
ro mischen Welt II.25.4 (Berlin, 1987) 3135-3155.=20

Peder Borgen, "Some Hebrew and Pagan Features in Philo's and Paul's
Interpretation of Hagar and Ismael,"
Peder Borgen & So ren Giversen (eds.), The New Testament and Hellenistic =
Judaism (Aarhus University Press, Aarhus, 1995), pp. 151-164.

Torrey Seland

Torrey Seland
assoc.prof. Biblical Studies
Volda College
Pb 500. 6101 Volda-Norway

>>> "Brian Tucker" <music AT riverviewcog.org> 21.09.99 22:55:12 >>>
Greetings

I have been asked to prepare a paper for presentation at a regional
theological society meeting next year, the topic I have been given is
"Paul's use of narrative to communicate theology: Sarah and Hagar as a test
case." This is my first time to do this and I need some help.

1. Any general pointers on what to do and not to do?

2. Any bibliography suggestions on this topic in general or Sarah and Hagar
specifically?

3. Any thoughts on this topic and how to proceed?

I am an open book, a young scholar in embryo, well not that young...Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian Tucker
music AT riverviewcog.org
Riverview, MI

---
You are currently subscribed to corpus-paul as: ts AT hivolda.no
leave-corpus-paul-87872E AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Paul's use of narrative: Sarah-Hagar, Seland,Torrey, 09/22/1999