corpus-paul - Bultmann and Stowers on the Diatribe

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus Paulinum <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Bultmann and Stowers on the Diatribe
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:14:55 -0500

Can anyone provide me with a quick and dirty rundown on the approaches
to the diatribe taken by Bultmann on the one hand and Stowers on the
other?

What is Bultmann's position on its function? What is Stowers'?

I ask here because I don't have immediate access to Bultmann's and
Stowers' works on this subject.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

--