corpus-paul - RE: ideas

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: ideas
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:35:32 -0400

All I'm saying is that you cannot conclude based only on Gal 1:11-12 that
the doctrine of justification by faith is Paul's alone and didn't come from
elsewhere.
Paul's statement should be evaluated for its rhetorical and polemical
purposes. It is not indicative of where Paul got or did not get his ideas.

Best,
liz