corpus-paul - RE: C-P: Who wrote Hebrews?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: C-P: Who wrote Hebrews?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:04:49 -0400

Dear All,
Would we be able to distinguish a Hellenized Alexandrian Jewish Christian
from a Hellenized Alexandrian Gentile Christian? How would we? Maybe we
couldn't. Phylo's own nephew was one such Hellenized Alexandrian Jew. This
nephew, Alexander, went to the Gymnasium and eventually led a Roman army
against Jerusalem.

Liz

Lisbeth S. Fried
Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies