corpus-paul - RE: Gal 2:16 (Liz)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Mike Myers <mmyers AT helium.biomol.uci.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Gal 2:16 (Liz)
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 18:47:40 -0800

Liz:
"Not really. I don't really understand what you're getting at.
Moreover, I don't know if Yavneh is an historical reality.
I don't agree that these are the only two possibilities either."

Liz, have to head home right now, just wanted to make it clear I
didn't intend to suggest that Paul and Yavneh were the ONLY
possiblities!! I meant that Paul's synthesis and rabbinical Judaism
were the principal ideologies that emerge from the crisis of Judah
in 1 and 2 CE and susbsequently take root, historically.

I'll try to make myself clearer, and respond to your well taken
points later this weekend.

Mike

Michael D. A. Myers
University of California, Irvine