corpus-paul - Re: Colossians: the Beginning?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Colossians: the Beginning?
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 08:11:44 -0500

At 09:08 AM 4/1/99 +0800, you wrote:

>Amen! In the light of your statement, what do you think of my earlier
>proposal Colossians as the earliest of Paul's extant corpus? Am I
>misreading Colossians?
>
>Frank

I must confess that I think Colossians is from a student of Paul. I accept
7 authentic letters:
1 Thess, Romans, 1 Cor, Gal, Phil, Philemon, 2 Cor.

2 Thess, Col, Eph, and of course the Pastorals I attribute to students of
Paul. Hebrews is nowhere to be found in any pauline list- so far as I can
tell.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

fax- 978-231-5986
email- jwest AT highland.net
web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

  • Colossians: the Beginning?, Frank Glenn, 04/01/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Colossians: the Beginning?, Jim West, 04/01/1999