corpus-paul - Re: Chronological order of the Pauline Letters

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chronological order of the Pauline Letters
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 20:32:20 -0600

Jim West wrote:
At 07:27 PM 3/30/99 -0600, you wrote:

>I doubt if there are any on the list who have studied Hebrews in any depth
who would
>disagree with your judgment, Jim. But, assuming that there are List members
who are
>only beginning the study of Pauline literature, and who have joined C-P in
order to
>benefit from the wisdom of others who have already plunged deeply into this
and other
>Pauline questions  -- some statement of *why* you feel  that Hebrews is not
Pauline
>might be in order, don't you think?

Nope.

The protocols, if I recall, suggest that those participating be folk
familiar with the issues of Pauline studies- which I interepreted to mean
folk who would know that Paul wasnt the author of Hebrews.

Quite right. And I have no intention of implying that these folk re-invent the wheel every time a spoke question comes up. But since the protocols also say that:
... beginners in the serious study of Paul who wish to make use of the List to gain and advance their knowledge of things Pauline are also welcome to participate provided they respect the List's focus.

It might be necessary to do occasionally.

Yours,

Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson