compostteas - [Compostteas] the feeding rate

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Scott Alexander" <daylily AT bigpond.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] the feeding rate
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 08:40:09 +1000

A slow and steady addition of food to the system would seem to be compatible
> with steady DO level maintenance.

I did this yesterday and the dissolved oxygen level slowly dropped to 7.6
from 8.2 and stayed there for the hour I was checking it out BUT my tank
heater woudn't work so i was unable to heat my water.
When I left, the water temp was 63 F or (17 C) I wonder if that was too cold
for anything to work in the mix.??? Elaine tells us in her recent Ezine:-
"During the winter months, as long as the soil is not frozen, the bacteria
and fungi are doing a great deal of nutrient immobilization, and soil
structure building. If you want to hold that winter rain in your soil,
store the water away so it will be there for your plants this summer, you
need to build the proper structure in the soil"

So if the little fellows are active in winter, then they should be active in
cold water???

Scott Alexander