compostteas - [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #87 - 9 msgs

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: m.norsen AT attbi.com
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #87 - 9 msgs
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:11:27 +0000

Scott and Carol The TEA LIST is working for me as I
imagined it might. I'm learning by others experience.
Help I can use a lot of.

To Scott molasses is OK, just use less than we all
thought necessary. Same on compost tea base. We once
thought 20 lbs in a 50 gallon brewer. Now I am
discovering 10 lbs in a 250 galon brewer is possibly
momre than we need. Molasses and I suspect other
nutrients added after the brew has generated millions of
bacteria is what we found so quick to use more O2 than
we could disolve with thee or four times the normal air
injection.

To Carol, thanks for your information. I wish you could
try one of our brewers. Somewhat like yours in that air
is the only driving system. But we have elminated the
nylon. We are driving 250 gallons and will go to 500
and 1,000 soon.

Refrigerated for 29 days? How cold? Are you saying that
the tea, refrigerated could be kept? How about O2?
does the tea require O2 when cold? It sounds like a
very useful way to extend life at least for research.
Bob at m.norsen AT attbi.com