compostteas - [Compostteas] Re: Nutrients and brewing Tea

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Scott Alexander" <daylily AT bigpond.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Re: Nutrients and brewing Tea
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:22:04 +1000

I added just 4 oz molasses to the 250 gallon
> brew. That is 1 part molasses in 8,000 parts of the
> brew. O2 dropped within an hour to 2.4

This sounds like what happened when I added the molasses to the last brew.
What is happening - biologically, chemically or whatever!?!?
Should we stop using molasses? Do we really need it?
I wouldn't normally be asking these questions BUT NOW I HAVE A DISSOLVED
OXYGEN METER and I hate seeing that meter drop from 7.5 to minus 2.4 when I
add molasses!

Scott