compostteas - [Compostteas] two items

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "John A. Perazzo" <jperazzo AT lvcm.com>
  • To: <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] two items
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 12:32:20 -0700

I have not got my first drafts past my editor, so let me jump right in.

(1) The name compost tea is clear to me now, but when I read the page at
HGTV (http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/project/0,1158,GALA_project_1811,00.html), I
see how most people think of tea like they do the stuff instead of coffee
(aka leachate). "Compost tea aerate" (without the carbonic acid gas, not
'fixed air') might work, but is not elegant. Comments?

(2) Our temperatures are 80 to 110 now days. Should I give up thinking
about maintaining leaf cultures?

one more?

(3) Would it be more logical for me to test my soil first and work from
there, before testing tea recipes?

jp lv nv