compostteas - RE: [Compostteas] Foam

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff AT gardener.com>
  • To: "The Grahams" <grahams AT open.org>, <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Compostteas] Foam
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 17:51:41 -0800

I have never had a foam experience which didn't involve good tea, so I think
you can relax.

You mentioned worm droppings in your compost. Any worms? They really cause
foam. The soy bean meal can as well. There is no question you will get more
foam using the same ingredients if you let them "run wild" in the brewer.

A few drops of vegetable oil without preservatives will reduce it to nothing
of consequence.

As for the timing, you have to use your nose or an oxygen prope. How does
the stuff smell? By the time you read this, I suspect you had better put
the stuff out there!

Cheers,

Jeff L

PLANT A ROW FOR THE HUNGRY: Through PAR, over 3 million pounds of food have
been donated by home gardeners like you to feed the hungry. Ask me how you
can join the effort.

  • [Compostteas] Foam, The Grahams, 07/05/2002
    • RE: [Compostteas] Foam, Jeff Lowenfels, 07/05/2002