compostteas - [Compostteas] Foam

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Scott Alexander" <daylily AT bigpond.com>
  • To: <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Foam
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:07:39 +1000

I couldn't believe my eyes today when i checked out the latest 100 gallon
batch of CT after it had been brewing for only 24 hours. It was foaming
over the top of the 200 gallon tank and the very strong (and cold)
westerlies were whipping it off and blowing it over one of the daylily beds.
I hosed the froth down to tea level and added a litre of CLOAK SPRAY OIL
(from Nutri-tech) before I left the nursery just on dark and shall see if
that has stopped it.
Is all this froth and foam a sign of good things happening I wonder?
Even though cold winds were blowing the CT temps were still around 28
Celsius.
Scott

PS Nutri-tech describe the oil:- An organic blend of emulsified,
cold-pressed canola oil and highly penetrative Omega-3 fish oil. CLOAKT
Spray Oil is a wetter-sticker synergist, which can improve the performance
of all foliar fertilisers.