community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: MOU received Friday

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: terfa uzer <steveterfa AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: MOU received Friday
  • Date: 25 Oct 2004 07:11:03 -0700

I understand what you are saying about the donation part, and the
advantage of a track record. As I understand it, Lagos, Nigeria, is a
huge metropolis?

The training of volunteers will be handled best by your recording
studio, and should be quite attractive to the community around you. I
don't foresee any big obstacles there.

What's so extraordinary, is your having access to broadband and
telephone line for communication. I would hope we can develop a modest
communications setup for remote access by volunteer technical support
and for long-distance training. Even if we only schedule, initially,
one hour a month, that would be absolutely fantastic!
Tom