chtechcomm - Re: [Chtechcomm] Tomorrow night - CH Tech Committee Meeting

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: chtechboard AT willraymond.org
  • To: "Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chtechcomm] Tomorrow night - CH Tech Committee Meeting
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hey guys,

The Mayor was quite clear on the June 30th end date for HWCC and implied
the same for the Tech Board.

As far as my participation, I will be attending three more meetings.

I'd like to see us discuss/wrap-up the on-going issues of the TB (OSS
pilot, electronic communications, the 4 resolutions passed [and edited by
Evelyn] in Jan. 06, etc.) and let the Council know they're still on-going.

Maybe the last meeting we could discuss and maybe recommend to Council ways
the TB could've been more functional.

I've included the resolution the Mayor made last week,

Will

Here's the resolution:

TO: Town Council

FROM: Kevin Foy, Mayor

SUBJECT: Conclusion of Service: Horace Williams Citizens Committee and
Technology Committee

DATE: April 10, 2006

The Horace Williams Citizens Committee was established in October 2002 to
assist the Council in preparing for deliberations with the University of
North Carolina regarding the development of the Horace Williams property.”

The Technology Committee was formed in 1998 and charged with advising the
Council on the formation of a technology plan, including the formation of
a town-wide network.

Both Committees have benefited from the work of dozens of citizens,
council members, and town staff, and have put countless hours into their
work. The Horace Williams Citizens Committee Report and the recent
presentation on Wireless Internet from the Technology Committee are
evidence of the time and effort involved.

Having completed their missions, I petition the Council that we thank all
existing and former committee members for their dedication and public
service, and that we now conclude the service of the Technology and Horace
Williams Citizens Committees, effective June 30, 2006.