ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of May 3, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of May 3, 2008
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 10:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

>>The Pressure Boys were a hugely popular Chapel Hill ska band...

I think relegating them to just 'ska' is doing them a disservice -
although they were heavily influenced by the genre (witnessed by them
doing three songs that appear on The Specials debut last night.)
Their later stuff definitely owes as much a debt to XTC. Regardless,
the show last night was amazing! I highly recommend going tonight if
you missed it!

glenn

ps: what a day - both the Cradle and 506 were sold-out plus the Town
Commons event!