cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] attribution

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: mark / negativland <markhosler AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Sam Stephens <sam AT postmoderncore.com>, <cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] attribution
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 3:33:15 -0400

> From: Sam Stephens <sam AT postmoderncore.com>
> Date: 2005/05/09 Mon PM 08:12:04 EDT
> To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: [cc-sampling] attribution
>
> It's great to see that there's CC licenses to allow sampling, and no
> surprise to see Negativland behind it.
>
> I notice that all the licenses require attribution though - however I
> think it'd be nice to have a license that allows people to sample
> without attribution.

I agree! I was never totally comfortable with making this a "rule". In
general, in our own work we try to
list who we sample from, but I think it really ought to be a personal ( and
encouraged) preference, but
not a pre-requsite to using this licence.

And we also have the same practical probelm where we simply dont know wher
eall our material
comes from!

mark

Certainly I have pieces where if I attributed every