cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] More name

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: Don Joyce <dj AT webbnet.com>
  • To: creative commons license list <cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] More name
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:41:50 -0700

I agree with Chris, I too am out to diminish the traditional (European) concept of moral rights which seeks to prevent anything being done the maker might dislike. This pretty much prevents free expression concerning or re-using other art and is bad for the future of art in my opinion.

I would hope the Cut & Paste license wording (sorry, I'm just going to call it that) will deflect any artists who wish to maintain 'moral rights" over their own work by indicating how that control is being given up with this license.
DJ

Hi Kevin, nice to see you over here too.