cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Inquiry into 21st Century Learning: Education and Science Subcommittee

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Inquiry into 21st Century Learning: Education and Science Subcommittee
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 20:33:03 +0000

Hi all,

Yesterday, Parliament's Science and Education Committee—chaired by Nikki Kaye and including Claire Curran and Gareth Hughes—released their ‘Inquiry into 21st Century Learning Environments and Digital Literacy’. It included a few references to Creative Commons, including two specific recommendations:

"17. We recommend that the Government review the intellectual property framework for our education system to resolve copyright issues that have been raised, including considering Creative Commons policy.

18. We recommend that the Government consider the advantages and disadvantages of whether all documentation produced by the Ministry of Education for teaching and learning purposes should be released under a Creative Commons licence."

Gareth Hughes wrote the Minority view, and his language in support of CC in schools was even stronger.

Looks good for CC in schools in 2013!

Read the whole report here: http://goo.gl/p4jwX

And while you’re at it, check out the latest case study, from Wellington High: http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/2012/12/wellington-high-school/

Cheers,

Matt

Matt McGregor Creative Commons
DDI: +64 4 470 5779 | Twitter @cc_aotearoa
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is a project of the Royal Society of New Zealand
11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon | PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.creativecommons.org.nz

Royal Society of New Zealand | Te Apārangi
A place for knowledge and excellence

Please consider the environment before printing this email. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.

  • [Cc-nz] Inquiry into 21st Century Learning: Education and Science Subcommittee, Matt McGregor, 12/19/2012