cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Imagine there is no copyright

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Hamish MacEwan <hamish.macewan AT gmail.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Imagine there is no copyright
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:29:23 +1300

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:50, Pam McKinlay <PamM AT tekotago.ac.nz> wrote:

> You can access it here:
> http://copysouth.org/portal/node/53 Imagine there is no copyright and no
> cultural conglomerates too...
> Better for artists, diversity and the economy  . . .

I must admit I was tempted to ask at the NZCIEL event last week, how
many in the audience would have to significantly alter their careers
if there were no copyright. A bit "fish in a barrel" with so many IP
lawyers, academics and policy folk present. The exceptions would've
been, IMHO, "creators" and archivist/librarians. And me.

> Pam McKinlay

Hamish.
--
http://tr.im/HKM