cc-metadata - Re: Sampling + BY-NC-SA-2.0 = ?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: jcn AT cs.stanford.edu, cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Sampling + BY-NC-SA-2.0 = ?
  • Date: 16 Mar 2004 05:23:04 -0800

Hi, Keith: Would this not be a good example of why the CC-license is so
desirable in the first instance, i.e., when a question on the use of
another's work comes up, they can easily contact the owner to discuss
terms that work for both parties? The simplest example would be someone
that wanted to use a work restricted to noncommercial use, would contact
the owner to arrange terms to use the work for commercial purpose?
Tom