cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike compatibility process and criteria: your comments wanted

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Nicolas Suzor <nic AT suzor.net>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] ShareAlike compatibility process and criteria: your comments wanted
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:10:02 +1000

Thanks Kat!

On 29/04/14 08:19, Kat Walsh wrote:
> We want this to be a process that the CC community trusts--and so this
> is a first draft, not a final document. Please comment on the process
> and suggest changes to it. We also welcome pointers to best practices
> from other organizations, as well as practices it would be best to
> avoid.

Is there some way to evaluate the size of the compatibility problem at
the moment? It strikes me that the answers to many of the specific
questions depend significantly on the urgency of addressing the problem.

Now that Wikipedia has successfully transitioned, do we have any data
about how much demand there is for compatibility? Can we tell, for
example, whether there are many users who want to release a single
derivative work combining GPL/CC BY-SA code and assets, as opposed to
using separate licences to different files within a package?

best,

Nic