cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] reinstatement w/o too much value?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] reinstatement w/o too much value?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 17:28:38 -0800

Hi John,

I suppose in theory it's conceivable that a licensee was never in compliance before they were in violation, but I have a hard time imaging that situation.  Even if true, I don't think that's a reason to toss out the 30 day reinstatement provision -- retaining it doesn't break anything that I can see.  Do you think otherwise?  As for benefits, there has been a lot of discussion on this list about the benefits, particularly for institutional adopters who feel it important to have some mechanism that ensures they get their rights back after they've fixed a violation.

I think I agree that "automatically" should be moved down for the reason you state.  We'll take a closer look at that as we wind up our hard proof.  Thanks for catching that.

Diane

Diane M. Peters, CC General Counsel
http://creativecommons.org/staff#dianepeters
diane AT creativecommons.org

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be legal
advice nor should they be relied upon as, or represented to be legal
advice.